1/ Our Mission
The way companies reward their people today is broken - it's a rigid, one-size-fits-all approach that hasn't evolved to meet the demands of the modern workforce. How we work is changing, but compensation - salary, bonus, equity, benefits - has been stuck in the same place for decades. Ben is changing that, starting with employee benefits. We are rebuilding the archaic employee benefits ecosystem through software & payments. Our mission is to make benefits and pay work for everyone, everywhere.
We're proud to be backed by Europe's leading VC funds and the people behind companies such as Indeed.com, Transferwise, Workday, Nested and GoCardless.
2/ Your Mission
In this role you'll have a unique opportunity to scale a sales machine almost from scratch.
You will work with some of the best and fastest growing companies globally to help build their employee benefits and reward offerings.
Our existing team is lean but very talented, having already laid the foundations of an efficient and effective sales process in a mostly greenfield environment. We’re generating leads and closing deals through a consultative and impact-led approach. And now we’re looking for a one-of-a-kind sales leader to help take things up a notch. You will attract top talent, motivate our existing team, and lead by example with your hands on approach.
As part of the founding sales team, you’ll be ready to roll your sleeves up in the short term but will leverage your sales leadership experience to develop and execute the long-term strategic sales vision. In short, you’ll help us build an impact-led business—not just sell a product.
Your success will be measured based on new MRR / customers you can close. We are a fast-growth company: if you're successful in your role there will be plenty of opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility.
What you'll be working on:
- Leadership: From day one, you’ll create a legacy that we can all look back on and be proud of. You will be the driving force behind the sales strategy that enables Ben to become the Operating System for Benefits & Pay. As well as leading and developing our current team, you’ll hire the next generation of Ben’s sales team. You will continue to build the culture within our sales team, with healthy competition combined with a collaboration and a mission-led approach.
- Closing: You will lead from the front, showing the current sales team what’s possible through actions - rolling up your sleeves by talking to prospects, qualifying, and closing deals. You have the desire to learn by doing and building the playbook based on your experience.
- Operations (the science): You’ll bring your experience of creating and implementing successful sales playbooks, reviewing our existing processes, and creating new ones where necessary. This includes tooling, benchmarking, goal setting and reporting. To use the old cliché, you’ll run a well-oiled machine that doesn’t run on guesswork.
- Value prop (the art): You’ll go deep into understanding our market, ideal customer profile, and buyer persona. Armed with that knowledge and insight, you’ll work with the wider team to develop a value proposition that is always multiple steps ahead of the competition.
- Coaching: Bringing your previous hands-on experience, you’ll empower our SDRs and Account Executives, enabling them to be successful and motivated every day they come to work. You won't just watch, you will dive in on calls, dust off your playbooks, and train by doing. Whilst respecting everyone’s individual style, you’ll encourage knowledge sharing, mentorship and of course celebrating success!
- Collaboration: Right now, Sales works very closely with the rest of the org (namely Marketing, Product and Customer Success). You’ll build on this by breaking down walls and not building them up. You’ll think of new ways to encourage everyone in the team to feel like they can contribute to Sales, no matter their function.
- Self-development: Although you’re not a beginner, you’ll come to us with a beginner’s mindset—open and willing to take on new challenges and learn at a rapid pace. You’ll know how to push yourself outside your comfort zone whilst also having the emotional maturity to know when to ask for help. By joining us at this stage, you’re going to be part of the founding team of something very big and very meaningful.
3/ Your Skills and Experience
As our very first sales leader, you’ll be laying the foundations for how Ben does sales—for many years to come. You’ll have experience building out a high-performing sales org in one of the top SaaS names out there and are now looking to leverage that experience to become a pivotal part of a mission-led startup with huge ambitions.
If we ask your previous team members, they’ll tell us that they owe a big part of their development and success to your leadership. You are very familiar with the fast-paced, VC-backed startup environment and are able to wear a few hats—from sales operations, hands on selling, recruitment, and sale strategy. You love feedback (giving it and receiving it) and are ready to join us on a journey of self development, company success, and personal success.
- You have had hands on SDR and AE experience in your career, and you're not afraid to roll your sleeves hopping on Sales calls, doing demos, managing, training, and delivering on pipeline
- Experience in a top B2B SaaS company selling to SMB/Mid-market
- People leadership experience of Account Executives and SDRs
- Have proven experience building and scaling an engaged and successful sales team
- Experience in a Series A-C VC funded startup
- Previously held responsibility of setting targets, generating forecasts and reporting on team ROI
- Knowledge of employee benefits or have dealt with HR personas
- Solid data skills when it comes to forecasting, commission plans, and reporting
4/ How we partner with you
BENefits, it's all in the name 🙂
💸 £85-100k + OTE + Equity
💰 Significant Equity - this is a senior role where you you will have meaningful stake in the outcome
🔋 £500 Annual Learning & Development allowance
💳 £70 Personal Ben Balance per month: £70 for whatever works for you, whether that's Netflix, Spotify, or a really expensive cup of coffee!
💻 The tech setup of your choice: You'll be given a generous Ben allowance so you can organise your work from home set up using tech that works for you
📅 Flexible working - we're serious about life-work balance
🏖 28 days of holidays a year, plus bank holidays
🍼 Enhanced maternity / paternity leave
🧠 Comprehensive and tailored mental health support through a leading provider
❤️ Private Medical Insurance
We are working hard to create a diverse, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. ThanksBen is an equal opportunities employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic. All applications are very much welcome!