1/ Our Mission
The way companies reward their people today is broken - it's a rigid, one-size-fits-all approach that hasn't evolved to meet the demands of the modern workforce. How we work is changing, but compensation - salary, bonus, equity, benefits - has been stuck in the same place for decades. Ben is changing that, starting with employee benefits. We are building an all-in-one platform for any company to personalise benefits and reward. Our mission is to make reward work for everyone.
Our secret? Marrying a modern software (SaaS) platform with per-employee Mastercards and financial infrastructure. That’s how Ben instantly adds employee choice to your existing benefits, unlocks access to hundreds of additional options through Ben Card, all while saving employers time and money.
We're proud to be backed by two of Europe's leading VC funds and the people behind companies such as Indeed.com, Transferwise, Workday, Nested and GoCardless.
2/ Your Mission
As part of our engineering team, you will develop the foundational building blocks of the company SaaS interface used by HR and the employee mobile web app experience.
We’re looking for self-starters who are seeking a fast-paced environment where they can make a difference. Our team is small, which means high autonomy, ownership, and responsibility. We love what we do, have fun while doing it and, while we ship on time, take work-life balance seriously.
What you'll be working on
Design, implement and deliver software features with full ownership
- Specifically, own our React front-end for our employee benefits management platform
Deliver your implementations from start to finish
Take ownership of business critical components, ensure their stability & maintainability
- Collaborate with product stakeholders and other members of the team to scope and estimate optimal solutions for business problems
- Ensure that security considerations are taken into account, based on current best practices (e.g. OWASP Top 10, AWS Well-Architected Framework) in all software development and infrastructure projects
Behind the scenes
Our cross-functional delivery team is focused on business goals and solving problems in an efficient manner. We want the team to collaborate on new ideas and projects to find the best solutions.
Ben is built on Python 3, Django, PostgreSQL and React. We run on AWS and follow engineering best practices, with a pragmatic approach.
3/ Your Skills and Experience
You'll be fluent in a major programming language such as ES6, Typescript or similar. You'll also have:
- Excellent software engineering knowledge: Clean architecture & design patterns, SOLID design principles and clean code
- Experience of applying information security in building secure web applications
- A solid understanding and appreciation of the principles and practices of agile and lean ways of working, but with a pragmatic edge
- Excellent communication skills
- are a self-starter who thrives on autonomy, enjoys a rapid pace and wants to make a difference
- have a continuous improvement mindset. You appreciate that there are always ways to do things better and ensure your team does too
- have a preference to action-oriented behaviour with just enough analysis, as compared to too much time spent doing analysis with no action
- have the ability to make decisions balancing different factors such as business requirements, technical integrity, overall priorities etc.
- are solution-focused with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
4/ How we partner with you
Benefits, it's all in the name 🙂
💸 Competitive base salary + equity
🔋 €1,000 Learning & Personal Development Ben Balance
💳 €100 Personal Ben Balance per month: €100 for whatever works for you, whether that's Netflix, Spotify, or a really expensive cup of coffee
💻 The tech setup of your choice (fully specced MacBook Pro or equivalent, monitors, etc.)
📅 Flexible working - we're serious about life-work balance
🏖 Minimum of 28 days of holidays a year
🍕€20 Ben Buddies lunch card, which you can use to treat yourself to a fancy lunch every month with your colleagues
Please note we're unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
We are working hard to create a diverse, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. ThanksBen is an equal opportunities employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic. All applications are very much welcome!